Each year I set myself a new years resolution, and each year I give up after just a couple of days because of drive to succeed at it. This year I have decided to do something with a difference where I hand all responsibility over to friends and colleagues on Facebook in deciding 20 challenges for me to complete throughout the year. Soon after asking for ideas I had an exciting list emerging, some more extreme than others.
Here I will keep a regular diary of how I’m getting on, who’s knows there may even be some photos to share! See below for the challenges I will be attempting…
- Organise 20 Play Days in August with organisations/parks in your area.
- Start training to do a marathon for 2015
- Record a video about my experiences as a Playworker, my take on the state of play in the UK, what an adventure playground looks like, include the Playworkers travelling journal etc. for trainers to use with their students!!
- Get a local paper to do a big piece on the state of play in 2014, or a local radio station!
- Learn Tae Kwon Do
- Do a skydive and raise £1,000
- Once a month try a new restaurant and take someone new with me.
- Travel to a new country
- Learn how to fail – be a loser!!!!
- Give up my mobile phone for a month
- Smile at a stranger every day
- Give up my favourite food for a week
- Getting up an hour earlier every day for a week
- Make someone smile every day with a call or message saying something nice to them
- Make a new friend every month
- Have my picture taken in five interesting places (Interesting as in a place not many would know, been in)
- Learn something I didn’t learn as a child
- Swim with sharks
- Go gorge walking
- Cycle to work at least once a week
- Learn a new language
- Go swim in the sea on Christmas Day
- Spend a day with Play Torbay
Be back soon with the first of many updates 🙂